Make Mine A Builders
WIN A BUILDING RESCUE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. No purchase necessary
2. Promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over but not to employees and their immediate families of the promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Entries submitted on behalf of a third party or bulk entries will not be accepted.
3. To make a nomination, write a 50-150 word letter (including your name, phone number, email address and address of the building) explaining why a building in the UK should be rescued and what needs repairing and post it to: Make Mine a Builders, PO Box 277, Guiseley, Leeds LS19 9BT. Or, enter your nomination at www.makemineabuilders.com. Illegible entries will not be accepted, and the promoter cannot be held responsible for any entries delayed, lost or corrupted. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
4. Nominations must be for buildings within the UK only.
5. All entries must be received by 16 July 2012.
6. The winner will be chosen by an independent panel of judges from the Federation of Master Builders (FMB), and will be the building or person the judges decide most deserve to win based on the ‘building rescue’ having the greatest impact on an individual or community. Their decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. We may be required to call you to seek further clarification on your nomination.
8. Prize: The prize consists of one or more FMB-vetted builders’ time/labour costs and material costs up to a maximum value of £10,000 (including VAT). The FMB will select the builders to undertake the work.
9. There are no cash or other alternative prizes available, in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances beyond its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar alternative prize of equal or greater value.
10. The winner will be notified by phone or email by 30 July 2012 and the work must commence by 1 November 2012. Permission from the building’s owner is expressly required before the ‘building rescue’ can take place. The promoter reserves the right to verify ownership before awarding the prize. In the event that permission and/or verification cannot be obtained, or the winner cannot be contacted within 28 days of winner notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
11. The winner and/or owner of the building nominated may be required to participate in related publicity without further recompense.
12. The promoters’ decisions will be final in all matters to do with the promotion, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
14. For the winner’s name and county please send an SAE in an envelope marked ‘Results’ to the Make Mine a Builders Rescue a Building Promotion, PO Box 277, Guiseley, Leeds, LS19 9BT, within three months of the closing date.
15. By entering this promotion you agree to allow the promoter to retain your personal details and consent to receive future marketing communications from Make Mine a Builder’s Ltd. Please state on your entry if you do not wish to receive direct mail from Make Mine a Builder’s Ltd. You can stop direct mail at any time by writing to Make Mine a Builders, PO Box 277, Guiseley, Leeds, LS19 9BT, United Kingdom.
16. Promoter: Make Mine a Builders Ltd., Ghyll Royd, Guiseley, Leeds, LS20 9LT, United Kingdom.